Saturday, May 21, 2011

p. 144 classification essay (Hannah Kim)

201000955 Hannah Kim

 

Categorizing Options for Vacation Plan

 

Many of us start our vacation by deciding where to go and planning how to spend time. In this situation, some of those categorize possible options for their vacation by the degree of their interest and others may categorize the options by places, such as sea or mountain. However, in my case, I categorize my travel option by kind of activities that I can do in the vacation place. To be specific, I write down all the possible or hope vacation places and for each of them I decide things that I can do such as eating or visiting or hiking.

 

To talk about the steps that I prepare my vacation and travel, firstly, I decide all the places that I want to visit and write them down. These places can be anywhere, from general concept such as sea or mountain to specific name of places such as Japan or Italy. Because this is the very first step of determining the destination of my travel or planning my vacation place, I note everywhere that come up to my mind without thinking about the difficulties visiting there. After thinking about all the places that I want to go, I start searching the place from several books and listening information from many people around me who traveled where I want to travel.

 

Then, next is thinking about the activities or programs which are representative where I want to have a vacation and travel. For example, in Japan many people go to pretty temples and hot springs. In Hungary Mozart Café is one of the most famous places and there many people say that all the people who visit that café should try Mozart cake, which is green peanut cream cake. So, when I think about all the activities or places that I can visit which are very popular, there are so many things that I can add in my future travel list. In my point of view thinking of these is great because I do not have to waste time finding interesting activities or visiting spots. In addition, if I do not do a research about the representative festivals or many different activities of certain place, I can find nothing in that short time, and then I have to stay there just doing or seeing normal things and activities such as the normal seen of many cities of amusement park.

 

Finally, I narrow the list of possible places and activities or place that worth visit in certain places. In this process, I weigh my degree of desire toward visiting some places. In the end, I choose just one or two places, and in some case as many places that I can handle during my travel or vacation as possible.

 

There can be of course many categorizing ways of planning the vacation and deciding the place to visit for travel. For example, there can be category divided by the degree of interest toward many travel place candidates. Also, people can categorize by the characteristics of spaces such as mountains or seas. However, I find these categories not so interesting but rather boring because it is not unique but too common way. When I categorize the places to visit by possible activities I can do or representative things which are unique for certain places, it would be memorable experience and remain as life time recollection.

2 comments:

  1. 201000955 Hannah Kim

    Categorizing Options for Vacation Plan

    There are many ways of spending our vacation. We can go travel, go museum or galleries or just stay at home. Among them, I will say about the way to decide travel plans. Many of us start our vacation by deciding where to go and planning how to spend time there. In this step, some of us categorize possible options for their vacation according to the degree of their interest and others may categorize the options according to places, such as sea or mountain. However, in my case, I categorize my travel option by kind of activities that I can do in the vacation place. To be specific, I write down all the possible vacation places or where I want to visit and for each of them I decide specific hiking places or specific restaurants to go for eating, visiting or hiking.

    To talk about the steps that I prepare my vacation, especially travel, firstly, I decide all the places that I want to visit and write them down. These places can be anywhere, from general concept such as sea or mountain to specific name of places such as Japan or Italy. Because this is the very first step of determining the destination of my travel or planning my vacation place, I note everywhere that come up to my mind without thinking about the difficulties visiting there. After thinking about all the places that I want to go, I start searching the place from several books or Internet because this information will help me in the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then, next is thinking about the activities or programs to do and the famous places to visit, which are representative where I want to have a vacation and travel. For example, in Japan many people go to pretty temples and hot springs. In Hungary Mozart Café is one of the most famous places and there many people say that all the people who visit that café should try Mozart cake, which is green peanut cream cake. When I think about all the activities or places that I can visit which are very popular, there are so many things that I can add in my future travel list. In my point of view, thinking of these is great because I do not have to waste time finding interesting activities or visiting spots. In addition, if I do not do a research about the representative festivals or many different activities of certain place, I can find nothing in that short time, and then I have to stay there just doing or seeing normal things and activities such as the normal seen of many cities or amusement park.

    Finally, as the last step of making my travel plan, I narrow the list of possible places and activities or place that worth visit in certain places. In this process, I weigh how much I desire to visit those places, thinking of activities that I wanted to do. For example, if I wanted to see the Weihnachten Party in Germany the most during my travel, although I also want to visit Australia to see exotic sceneries, I give up the latter. In the end, I choose as many places that I can handle during my travel or vacation as possible.

    There can be, of course, many categorizing ways of planning the vacation and deciding the place to visit for travel. For example, there can be categorizing way according to thinking how much I am interested in those travel place candidates. Also, people can categorize according to the characteristics of spaces such as mountains or seas. However, I find these categories not so interesting but rather boring because it is not unique but too common way. Not only that, if I do not think about specific details about my travel, I cannot but experience just common or normal things, such as visiting amusement park in that country. When I categorize the places to visit by possible activities I can do or representative things which are unique for certain places, it would be memorable experience and remain as life time recollection.

    ReplyDelete