Saturday, March 19, 2011

week2-Lee yeonyoung

Literacy autobiography
 
Things to make me read

All started with inquiring mind. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had a curious mind. And Like all other children, I kept bothering my mother for too many questions: “What is this?” or “What is that?” For example, whenever I got on the bus with my mother, I asked her to read the signboards on the store wall. At that time, I did not know how to read Hangul, the Korean alphabet, questioning is the only way to satisfy my curiosity. My mother’s prayer might have been answered or my innate curious mind might have worked. Somehow, I learned Hangul quite early than other children and since then I did not bother my mother, instsead I became a book enthusiast.

When I went to elementary school, I still liked books and started to learn English for the first time. I remembered that I used to read some Disney’s fairy tales. But as I went to high school, I read only textbooks or workbooks. It was not boring but I want to read with my own heart. Fortunately, university’s life gave me a chance to read different situation.

Before I entered to HUFS, Hankuk University of Foreign Study, I was majoring in architecture engineering in Yonsei University. Library in university looked like a big bookshelf and actually had lots of books inside it. I liked to read books there so I picked up the book written in Korean or English and read it as much as I like. Obiously, reading various books might expand my world, but the sad thing is that I could not remember the whole story that I read, truth be told, I almost forgot the stories. Nonetheless, it was really awesome experience to spend priceless time in library.

 
Thing to make me write

F. Scott fitzgerald said “you don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” And I totally agree with him. There are some moments that I cannot help writing something because I have something to say. First, I like to write a poem when I was stressed. It goes a long way with me to calm my feeling. I believe it can be a kind of remedy for stressed person and I still wrote poem from time to time. Second, I write letters when my heart moved. Sometimes, I write letters to my old friends and say my little life story and give my concern. However, there are also some moments that do not correspond with his saying. Sometimes, I cannot help writing something because I was forced to write; Class essay, review, or some reports. Some topics that I am not familiar with usually require more difficult procedure when I collect data, choose a position and find out proper vocaburary. But it is inevitable and I write a essay.

 

Things that I wish in writing class

Sometimes I read and wrote something spontaneously, Sometimes I do unspontaneously.  And I became aware that some good works can be made in forced situation. But the everlasting works in my mind seems to be made when I have something to say. Therefore I make a little wish here that I may encounter something to say in this writing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment